Grade 4 Letter Writing: Some General Comments

I am spending much of this weekend correcting student work and I must say – WOW! – there is some great work out there!  Bravo, tout le monde!

For students who submitted Google Docs, I wrote specific feedback on your Google Docs.  For students writing in their notebooks, your feedback is written in the margins of your book.

Here are some general pointers that I think can be of use to many students:

• Write the date at the top of your letter.  In French, the number comes first and the month is not capitalized. (e.g. le 8 juin 2016)
  • Skip a line before signing off at the bottom.
  • Explain WHY you like something. It makes your letter more interesting.
  • Use the resources on our classroom walls to help guide your writing and also remind you about common French mistakes (e.g. j’aime, est/et, etc…)
  • For those working on computers, use Google Read&Write to help with spelling.  Also remember to right-click red squiggly underlines to get spelling suggestions.
  • Start a new paragraph when you switch ideas.
  • Go over the Success Criteria checklist and use them to help you improve your work!

3 thoughts on “Grade 4 Letter Writing: Some General Comments

1. ci quelqun a ecrit a toi est ce que tu peut ecrit a cette personne[write back]?

2. Oui, si quelqu’un m’écrit, je vais essayer de répondre :)

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *